bilik BINTANG, yang sedang dan akan terus kejar kejora, terangi semesta
bilik BINTANG, tempat bermimpi, berkeluh, bercermin, bercerita
bilik BINTANG, untuk DUNIA...


Monday, December 15, 2003


MOVIE REPORT. The movie I`m going to talk about is In America. A week ago, I knew nothing about this movie, then coincidentally saw the trailer on TV, surfed the internet to know a bit more, and yesterday went to cinema to watch it. Here I must admit, I can't bear the temptation of firstly, human drama, secondly, comments like 2004 Oscar strong candidate, etc and thirdly, minor flicks (at least here and at this time being), so I didn't`t waste my time on hesitating any further whether I should spend 1500 yen for this or not.

The film itself portraying an Irish family immigrating to America for the pursuit of new life, after the death of their son. And, as you can guess, the new life in New York ain't that sweet. However, the parents are trying their best not to show any single miserable face to their two unbelievably adorable daughters.

Anyway, generally, the film itself goes like...emm...simply saying, I am Sam of the kind. We have precocious little girls here to squeeze your tear gland kinda thing. Surely not a bad movie, but for me it`s also not that good, for I didn`t get as much as what I expected. I was perfectly prepared to humiliate myself by shedding tears along the movie, just like what happened when I watched I am Sam. However, my eyes didn't even get wet at all. Anyway, every one here made a very good job in playing the role. I especially love the act of one who plays Mateo. One thing for sure, this flick is worth watching for parents or those who want to be ones someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home