bilik BINTANG, yang sedang dan akan terus kejar kejora, terangi semesta
bilik BINTANG, tempat bermimpi, berkeluh, bercermin, bercerita
bilik BINTANG, untuk DUNIA...


Tuesday, January 06, 2004


MOVIE REPORT In a matter of hours, school will start, the dreadful exam storm will begin to blow and blatantly rock my ship of life. Will try to survive.. Naa... have to survive!! Anyway, lets check out movies my review on movies I watched last week.

MAGNOLIA Easily be the best of all. Though rather long (about 3 hours), it successfully mesmerized me. Very nice opening scene, story, good actings, superb music, and fantastic screenplay, esp. the epilogue. Strongly recommend this one to you who fed up with super light and stupid flicks. Really? You're feeling like watching this kind of movie right now? Hey...nice timing huh? Well, it`s just a matter of chance... And yeah, have to tell you, the last 30 minutes will be something! Maybe it's wise to prepare a paper bag for puking, just be ready for the worst condition.

GIRL, INTERRUPTED Watched it for the second time. Well, actually I only saw the last half of the movie before. Stunning performances of Winona Ryder and Angelina Jolie. Also love Whoopie Goldberg's play. I think no one can replace her for that role. She's just perfect. Well, what else can I say, an outstanding teen flick!

FINDING NEMO And yeahh, after a loooong waiting, finally can see this cute creature called Nemo. Simply entertaining. But, it would be much better, if I had gone to cinema to watch it with my pap and my little bro (no offense Hasshi. I had a great time watching it with you!!). Well done, PIXAR!

LOCK, STOCK, AND TWO SMOKING BARRELS Another movie that I watched for the second time. Actually, when I first watched it 5-6 years ago, I barely could understand what they say, well, it was a pirated VCD with no Indonesian subtitle and my English proficiency was of course (and is still) not enough to catch all the dialog in cockney, so it feels like the first time. Amusing!! Very amusing (*thanking the Japanese subtitle*)!!! Is this what-so-called black comedy? Could be! Cause you'll be laughing while seeing blood spritzing here and there at the same time.

HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH Have been recommended by some friends of mine for a long time, eventually saw one available on the shelf at video rental store and grabbed it. I used to think that this flick is a German movie, because the "hedwig" thing sounds so german, but it`s not. It`s on English, though I was right for the leading character, Hedwig, is originated from East Germany, and fyi, he (she?) is a transvestite. Like my friends said, it is indeed amusing. And I was also adequately entertained with grrreat music played from the beginning to the end. But I was bothered by the thought of plagiarization all along the movie, because Hedwig so much resembles Rocky, from the classic monumental flick, ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW. And also, HATAI is a musical movie, just like RHPS. Well, I hope it's just a matter of chance!

MEMENTO Not that bad, though I found it somewhat boring. Well, it surely can't be helped, cause it has several same scenes roll for several times. But, nice scenario. And good ending, not cheap, quite surprising. Maybe it's good to watch it in DVD, cause they provide you with this special forward version, which is relatively easy to watch, though I wouldn't like the movie if it were released in this version.

That's all. Reviews are written in order of my present preference and accompanied by the mellow voice of Stephen Simmonds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home