bilik BINTANG, yang sedang dan akan terus kejar kejora, terangi semesta
bilik BINTANG, tempat bermimpi, berkeluh, bercermin, bercerita
bilik BINTANG, untuk DUNIA...


Wednesday, January 07, 2004


MOVIE REPORT Huwaaaa...feels like crying now...What I had written in the last one hour just disappeared before I saved it. Damn!! Well, I won't be downed by this kinda thing, gonna write it all over once again. This post is on 3 unreviewed movies I watched 2 weeks ago. Gotta write it now while there is still something left in my mind.

CUBE Heard about this movie for the first time in an English class a year ago. I don't clearly remember what the topic was, but maybe something relating with number. One thing for sure, that the video of the week told us the story about mentally-challenged twins who have a flair for numbers. They can determine whether a 11(maybe more)-digit-number is a prime number or not. And at Brain and Linguistic lecture I took in the next semester, it was told that people like them suffer from what-so-called Savant Syndrome. The video also contains some scenes from this film, CUBE, because one of the characters is a person with this Savant Syndrome. The teacher at that time recommend us to watch it, but I totally ignored it, till then my moviebuff classmate, Hasshi, told me that Cube is one of the best movies he has ever watched. And it is a splendid one! I love it!! Damn genius work! Perpetual thrill and surprises for almost 2 hours. And even though the setting didn`t have any significant change along the movie, I didn't felt boring at all. Great scenario!! No more to say, strongly recommend this one!

UNFAITHFUL What brought me to pick up the DVD is my curiosity on Diane Lane's acting in this movie which successfully gave her last year's Academy Award nomination. Well, her play is indeed great, but above all, she`s damn sexy (in that age? wowww...). The movie itself, a thriller-romance flick, is just a bit above the average. Affair eventually only brings you to misery...

BUFFALO '66 Brown Bunny, which I found somehow difficult to judge, surely left me with a bunch of curiosity on Vincent Gallo. Watching this Buffalo '66, one thing I can assure is that he's definitely a narcist. I know it is not favorable to judge someone like this way, but I just can't help it. I think it is the easiest way to explain what kind of person Gallo is. Well, he's a genius one, if this help to soothe your anger caused by my previous statement. He did most of the things for his movies by himself. Wrote the screenplay, directed them, and starred in them. By the way, to enjoy his movie means that you have to realize that you're in Gallo's world. And when you're in Rome, do what the Romans do, all it needs is just to follow what he wants. Then, you can appreciate his works in fairly, or even find them amazing. And, one thing I can add about this Buffalo '66 is that it's a brilliant decision casting Christina Ricci for this movie. She simply fits that role.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home